December 18, 2019- HRACRE End of the Year Update
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Posted by: Kathy Higgins
It’s hard to believe that 2019 is almost behind as we approach this Holiday Season! As an organization, we had a tremendous year. First and foremost, we’re continuing to have a strong and committed membership for HRACRE. We have already started the 2020 Membership Renewal process. With more of you renewing your dues and bringing your membership record up to date in the database, we have grown from 267 paying members to over 470 members. For 2020, I see us easily topping 500. So please renew your membership and don’t miss out on any HRACRE member benefits—especially with our Economic Forecast Program Luncheon coming up on January 23rd. Also, you 2019 Corporate Sponsors, we appreciate your commitment and look forward to you renewing your Corporate Sponsorship for 2020.
There are many things to be thankful for as we head into the holidays and I wanted to highlight a few that HRACRE achieved that you may not be aware of:
- We have finished the year financially, solidly in the black; restoring much needed funds to the HRACRE reserves. EVERY Event turned a profit!!! Thank you, committee members and chairs.
- We have reduced our over 90-day accounts receivables from well over $13,000 to under $1,000. Thank you to those that placed important phone calls and outreach.
- I previously mentioned the growth in membership. Thank you to the Membership Committee and all of you active recruiters.
- We downsized and moved our office as well as shed some unwanted equipment leases, which have saved HRACRE thousands each month. Thank you, Krista Costa and Association Builders.
- We’ve Streamlined membership online, offered group discounts and automated renewals and event sign ups. Thank you, Association Builders.
Next, I want to mention the Executive Committee for 2020 as well the new Board of Directors:
2020 Executive Committee
Mary Long – President
Eric Keplinger – President Elect
Jim Toups – Secretary
Alvin Owens – Treasurer
Ken Rodman – Past President
Angie Bezik – At-Large
Ed Denton – At-Large
Bill Nusbaum – At-Large
Teresa Peters – At-Large
Tom Atherton – President’s Council
Skip Sacks – President’s Council
New Board of Directors
Please take a minute and congratulate the newest officers and Board members for HRACRE.
There was a change at the Executive Committee level that will be new for 2020. We have separated the Treasurer and Secretary roles. Treasurer will now be held by a competent financial person for a multi-year term. This was done to bring knowledge and stability to that key position.
Lastly, I do want to recognize and thank Association Builders. Without their guidance and help, I would have never made it through this year. I think anyone who dealt with them can attest to their helpful and polite manner as well as how smoothly our events were run. Kudos to you!!!
As part of your leadership team, I see the tremendous amount of work and activity that has gone on behind the scenes to poise us for growth. We have a new website that supports the membership database, event registration and much more! Look for new items as we continue to upgrade the content of www.HRACRE.org.
There are many more exciting things coming your way in 2020!
RENEW your membership. REGISTER for the January Program Luncheon. GET INVOLVED by joining a committee. Thank you for allowing me the tremendous opportunity of being your president for 2019. I am truly humbled and honored!!!
Kenneth E. Rodman, Jr., PE